Saturday, February 12, 2011

The best salsa KNOWN TO MAN!

I'm always looking at new recipes to make and ways to simplify life and get some veggies in me. So...this little salsa recipe is super easy and is more of a "Pico de Gallo" mixture, but it's great to put on the Carnita's recipe that I posted earlier!!

We went to Seattle one day and ate in this weirdly located Mexican joint we had never been to before and when they brought the salsa and chips to us my heart sank! WHERE'S THE RED SALSA!?!?!?!? SHIT SHIT SHIT! Bleh...I grabbed a chip all pissy and put a smidge of what they CALLED salsa in front of us...and...MY. LIFE. WAS. CHANGED. FOREVER!!!! I dug a spoon in there dissecting the ingredients, one by one till I thought for sure I captured all their secrets. The very next day we had tacos for dinner and I made this stuff.

Ingredients:
Cabbage (HEY! Don't scrinch your nose up like that! TRY IT!)
Onion
Cilantro
Tomatoes
1 clove of garlic - MINCED or GARLIC PRESSED IS BETTER!
Jalepeno (seeded)
FRESH LIME JUICE (about two limes worth)

So here's what you need to do...DICE THAT SHIZZ UP LIKE A MOFO! Everything needs to be about 1/4". You can make the tomatoes a little bigger than that and obviously the cilantro will be finely chopped. Mix it all in a big bowl. I would do about 2 cups of diced cabbage, one cup of diced onion - maybe a little more. 1/4 c chopped up cilantro, 2/3 cup of tomato, one diced jalepeno, then juice the limes over it using your handy little Citrus Juicer highlighted in one of my earlier posts Click here to read all about it. Add salt to the mixture, till you LOVE IT! You can totally eat this stuff with chips, scoop it onto your carnitas or tacos or burritos. IT'S DELICIOUS!

Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think once you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment