Friday, February 18, 2011

What *to* eat and NOT to eat...when you're sick.

Man - I got the creepin' crud that's been floating around my neighborhood. YIKES. I was home yesterday and realized there are some things you should and definitely SHOULD NOT eat when you're sick. I also realized that I slept for almost 16 hours. THAT'S A LOT!

Here's the "What TO eat/drink" list:
  • Grape juice.
  • Oranges
  • Cereal
  • Chicken Soup
  • Massive amounts of Nyquil.
Here's the "What NOT to eat/drink" list:
  • Cadbury Creme Eggs
  • Doritos
  • Oreos
  • Cadbury Creme Eggs
  • Milk
  • Cadbury Creme Eggs
So...yeah...I ate a couple Cadbury Creme Eggs and didn't feel so hot afterwards. It's okay though...today, I went to work and feel like SHIT - which isn't really related to the creme eggs in any way, but I had to share...so I guess NOW I KNOW. And so do you.

Another thing I learned? It takes a loooooong time to make chicken soup from scratch.

And here's a question for you...Why do they even bother putting a measuring cup on the Nyquil bottles? The first thing I do with that thing? THROW IT AWAY! I just chug it straight from the bottle. Not the entire thing, but enough to get the job done. And then I settle in for a nice loooooonnnngggg snooze.

I also get really mad at myself when I forget to use Vicks Vapo-Rub. That stuff is AWESOME! It stops me from coughing when cough syrup doesn't do the trick. Slather some on your throat and chest and you're good for a long time.

The most interesting thing I watched on T.V.? A movie with Liam Neeson where his daughter gets kidnapped in Paris and is forced to do drugs and then is sold into sex slavery. But I think he caught up to her before she was "soiled". And that's not the type of movie I normally watch. But Liam Neeson is a pretty cool dude and he has some badass fight club skills. He was an ex-Cia agent or something...called himself a "protector". It was on HBO. I have no idea what it was called. If I figure it out, I'll let you know in the comments area.

Something else I learned, my dog doesn't like to break the "No dogs on the bed" rule. Even though I gave her permission and even flopped a leg over her body to keep her on the bed, the second I moved she bolted. Weird. If I were a dog and my human was all, "C'mon up here perty girl!" I'd be up there in a New York minute! But, she's smart. If her daddy had gotten home and saw her up there with me he would have gone ballistic. Whatev's...I could have blamed it on the Nyquil overdose, right?

Hopefully I last all day at work...but the chills I'm having right now and the incessant coughing is starting to make me MAD! So we'll see...I wanted to at least give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment