Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Delish Dish Chicken Nuggies

So one of the fans of our Facebook page asked me about my Ranch Chicken Nuggy recipe...so...without further ado...Patricia, this one's for YOU!!

Ingredients:

Chicken breasts (sliced to the chicken strip or nugget size you want)
Ranch Dressing
About 2 cups of flour
Seasoning salt
Veggie or Canola Oil

Pour about 3 cups of oil into a skillet/frying pan on the stove. Turn the heat to medium high or at the temp you like to fry your food in ORRR...turn on your oven at 400 degrees and skip this step entirely. You can bake these instead of fry them if you like.

I start by mixing up my flour and seasoning salt together on a plate or shallow dish so that we can dredge the chicken in it.

Grab a bowl to pour some Ranch Dressing into.

Cut up your chicken into finger sized nuggets or chicken strips.

First dunk your chicken into a "bath" of Ranch Dressing (instead of egg like a person would NORMALLY do)

Dredge your ranch dressing chicken nuggies into the flour. Shake off the excess.

Place your chicken carefully into the oil or grab a cookie sheet and slip a rack in it and place the chicken on top of that. Either way, I like to get the cookie sheet/rack in place because sometimes when you fry your chicken nuggies, they don't quite get done in the middle. I find that a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes while you're setting the table and cooking the other things that go along with your meal always works out great.

It's an easy recipe and the kids love it - not only THAT - but you KNOW what is in your Chicken Nuggets. Chicken Breast. REAL CHICKEN BREAST. I don't exactly know what is in those bags of foamy chicken nuggets you buy at the grocery store. :o) And I'm perfectly FINE about not knowing, if you really want to know.

I can't wait to hear what you think about some of the things you try to cook here. I'd love to get your feedback!!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment