Tuesday, August 9, 2011

We're on Facebook AND Twitter now!!! Oh, and a recipe, too!

Hi Everyone!!

This summer has been DRIPPING with anticipation because in approximately 16 wake-ups I'll be heading to MAUI for the first time ever with my Hubby to celebrate our 20th Anniversary! As if that wasn't exciting enough, we're going WITHOUT the kids!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!! It's gonna be AWESOME! I'm going to miss them so much!

One of the few things I've done this summer to help along this humble little BLOG is to create a Fan Page on Facebook as well as create a Twitter Account. I've linked each of the accounts here so that if you wanted to...oh, I don't know.....POP ON BY AND SHOW SOME LOVE, you're more than welcome to do that!!! Following on Twitter and clicking "like" on the Facebook Fan Page are HIGHLY encouraged so that you can be notified and participate with us!!



One of the things my hubby and I are trying to do - in the State of Washington - is grow some Tomatoes this year. We have about 12 plants of various varieties. Our problem is that "Summer" came in AUGUST, July was a total bust in the sunshine department and I just really fear for my little greenies. August came on like a Lion, though, so we're hopeful that at least we'll get some decent Cherry Tomatoes before we leave for our trip!

If all of the tomatoes that are on our vines actually progress and ripen? WE ARE IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT!

Fresh Salsa, Spaghetti Sauce and Bruschetta are in my future in a BIG WAY!

In light of my impending TOMATO DOOM, I wanted to share with you my much sought after and IN DEMAND dishy that I bring to all the parties we're invited to. There's not ONE party that we've gone to and brought this yummyness that I haven't been asked to jot down the recipe. So: FOR YOU, my DEAREST DELISHY DISHY READERS...here is my Bruschetta recipe:

5 Medium sized tomatoes
1/2 c. good quality Balsamic Vinegar
1/3 c. good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tbsp. dried basil
3 cloves of garlic (use a garlic press) *
1 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
1 baguette of French Bread sliced to about 1/2 inch and toasted under the broiler in your oven.

Dice your tomatoes into whatever sized "hunk" you want them to be in. Mix the vinegar, oil, basil garlic and salt in with the tomatoes and stir. At this point you can slice your French Bread and try a little of the Bruschetta. If you feel that you want it a little more zippy add a little more Balsamic Vinegar.

*One thing to caution you on with this recipe. You CAN add too much garlic. Raw garlic can be SPICY. Also - share this with your friends and if you eat it - make sure THEY DO. Let's just say that there's a rather large chance that you will offend those around you with your breath. OH!! And this stuff is like CRACK! It's hard to stop eating it.

Have you followed me on Twitter or "liked" me on Facebook yet? C'mon! Whatcha waiting for?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment